Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Observation: The Body of Christ


I intended to write about our busy month of May, which included a visit by baby Titus to Texas to meet his sweet great-granny and the wonder of their instant "bond", as if he knew they belonged together.




I know i said i would write more later about our Branson trip, but i never got around to it. I meant to write the interestingly miraculous story of the gigantic old live oak tree that fell on the house, but i didn't do that either.


And now it's VBS week. (For those who don't know the code, that means Vacation Bible School -- the best week of the year for children!)

I love Vacation Bible School. I guess I'm a hopeless old die-hard preschool minister at heart. I think, even after over 75+ years of evangelical churches having VBS's, that it's still one of our best chances in the world to reach kids for Christ.

And besides that, I love it because i love watching the Body of Christ in action. I love how we are knitted together and perform as ONE. I love watching the Craniums teaching the Bible stories and thinking of better ways to communicate Truths, the Hands designing their room decorations, the Larynx’s hollering their class cheers as they move from rotation to rotation and the Shoulders with tired little ones nuzzling up against them. I love seeing those passionate about missions, teaching missions... those gifted in music, teaching music... those who love 2nd graders, teaching 2nd graders... and those who are in heaven blowing bubbles for one year olds, blowing bubbles for one year olds. I love knowing that some folks actually took vacation to teach VBS, not because someone twisted their arm…but because they love the Body, love kids, love the kingdom, and love Vacation Bible School. I love knowing that some folks have been members of our church for years, and some have been members for only days. I love that men can teach Vacation Bible School, too.

How blessed we are! Can it get much better than this?

"For the body is not one member, but many. And God has placed the members , each one of them, in the body, just as He desired." 1 Corinthians 12: 14, 18

No comments: